CANSEE Canadian-Serbian Business is present at the PDAC 2023 Convention, the largest international trade fair and mining convention held from March 5-8 in Toronto, biggest and better than ever.
The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada is the leading voice of the mineral exploration and development community, an industry that supports 719,000 people in direct and indirect employment, and contributes $106 billion to Canada’s GDP every year. Representing over 6,000 memebers around the world, PDAC’S work centers on supporting a competitive, responsible, and sustainable mineral sector.
Each year, this convention brings together individuals, companies and all organizations active in the mineral exploration industry with 1,000 exhibitors, 3,500 investors and more than 25,000 participants from as many as 135 countries. This four-day convention, first organized in 1932, is held annually in Toronto and has grown drastically across all segments, from growth to impact in the sphere of the global mineral industry.
PDAC gives an opportunity to provide new contacts and create potential collaborations among individuals and companies where participants can be informed about the shift in the business of the geological and mining sector and gain up-to-date knowledge of the challenges of responsible business.
The 38th President of Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada, mister Alex Christopher spoke about leading the association through two years of a Covid pandemic, a successful return to the convention experience and his hopes and expectations for the year to come.
I look forward to welcoming everyone to the 91st annual PDAC Convention this March! I enjoy seeing both familiar and fresh faces on the floor. It is a great opportunity for those acquainted with PDAC, but also for new members attending their first convention to connect, learn and develop relationships and partnerships, for today and tomorrow.
Since 1977, PDAC Awards have annually recognized and honoured outstending achievements and service of individuals and organizations in the Canadian and international mineral exploration and mining industry.
This year, five PDAC awards were given to the year’s top international and domestic performers:
- Bill Dennis Award, named in honour of a former PDAC president is presented to an individual or team explorationists who has either made a significant mineral discovery in Canada with good economic viability. This award goes to Chris Taylor and the Great Bear Resources Exploration Team.
- The 2023 recipient of Skookum Jim Award is Glenn Nolan, for his leadership in fostering economic opportunities for First Nations on their traditional lands, and for his very long and beautiful history of volunteerism.
- This year, recipient of the Sustanbility Award is the Lundin Foundation. In 2021, the Foundation supported 650 small businesses, generating $42 milion in revenues and provided 2,000 well-playing jobs. Also, the Foundation halped 79 start-ups launch solutions to climate change.
- The 2023 recipients of the Thayer Lindsley Award are Kevin Frost & Morgan Frejabise. They are receiving this award for the discovery made under cover, which established a new mineral province along the western edge of the Yilgarn Craton in Australia, with over 1,000 km of unexplored potentional.
- John A. McCluskey is a 2023 recipient od the Viola R. MacMillan Award. This award is being presented for his leadership and a willingness to take risks in Almos’ asquisitions and developments.
We wish everyone very successful Convention!